Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a booking or enquiry?

If you would like to make a booking or enquiry, please use the bookings form.

How much does it cost to hire the Warwick Hall?

Details of standard hire costs, including wedding packages, can be found on our Pricing Page

Is there parking nearby?

There are a limited number of parking spaces adjacent to the Hall on Church Green. There is also a large, free public car park at the end of Church Lane, a few minutes' walk from the Hall. 

Is there disabled access?

The Hall has very good disabled access. There is flat and level access into the Hall via the churchyard and through the main glass entrance doors. The Old Hall, New Hall, kitchen, cafe, Gauntlett meeting room and garden are all on one level. The Hall itself has a lift and disabled bathrooms on all floors. There are also hearing loop systems in the New and Old Halls. 

Is the Hall licensed for civil ceremonies?


Does the building have an alcohol licence?

The Hall is licensed by West Oxfordshire District Council for the sale of alcohol, performance of dance, performance of live music, showing of films, performance of plays and serving of late night refreshments.  In order to sell alcohol at your event, you (or the individual responsible for alcohol sale) must also hold a personal alcohol licence. 

The building licence covers entertainment and sale of alcohol until 11pm.  If you would like to continue celebrations later than this, please discuss with us at the time of booking. Sale of alcohol and some types of entertainment beyond 11pm will require you to obtain a Temporary Events Notice from the Council; details can be found on their website here.

What other licences do you hold?

We have PRS for Music licence.  PRS for Music Limited is a society of songwriters, composers and music publishers that licenses the use of its members’ musical compositions and lyrics when they are played in public, broadcast on radio or TV, used on the internet or copied onto physical products such as CDs or DVDs. 

We have a PPL (Phonographic Performance Limited) licence. This licenses the use of recorded music where played in public, broadcast on radio or TV, or used on the internet, on behalf of record companies and performers.

Do I need insurance? 

If you are hiring the Hall for a private party or event (by invitation only) then further insurance is not usually required. However, for events and regular bookings that are open to the public, in most instances we will require a minimum of £2 million public liability insurance. Proof of the necessary insurance will be required before your booking can be finalised. 

Can you help me advertise my event?

There is a screen in the foyer of the building which hirers can use to advertise their events. Please send us a powerpoint slide or pdf document. We are also happy to upload details of your event on our website. Paper flyers and posters can also be left in the foyer. 

Is there wireless internet in the building?

Yes, there is a public wifi network. Please ask for the password at the cafe or reception. 

Can I store equipment in the basement?

There is a limited amount of storage available in the basement. Hirers themselves are not allowed access to the basement but we can bring your equipment up from the basement when necessary. If you would like to store items in the basement please put them in a sealed and clearly labelled box. 

Can I have a marquee?

There is a paved area in the garden adjacent to the New Hall which can be used for marquees. This area can be accessed directly from the New Hall, or via the atrium (café area). 

Can I have a bouncy castle?

Yes, you can hire in a  bouncy castle for either the Old Hall or the New Hall. Please make sure you check the dimensions first - details of the Hall sizes can be found on our facilities page.  Please ask if you would like a recommendation for bouncy castle hire.

What access is there to the garden?

There is a garden at the back of the Hall, which has a paved area, benches and grassed area. The garden can be accessed directly from the cafe/ reception area and from the New Hall.  There are also gates into the churchyard which can be used for access if required. If you would like to hire the garden as part of your event please let us know at the time of booking, otherwise we cannot guarantee access. 

Can you provide tables and chairs?

Each of the meeting rooms is equipped with tables and chairs for between 10 and 20, depending on the capacity of the room. We also have a further 220 chairs, eighteen 6-person rectangular tables, three 4-person rectangular tables and six 5’ round tables. There is no extra charge for using these tables and chairs but you must reserve them at the time of booking. 

Can I hire crockery, glassware etc for large events?

We have crockery, glassware and cutlery to cater for up to 180 guests which can be reserved as part of your hire, at no extra charge. 

Do you have an in-house caterer?

The Warwick Hall Café is open Monday to Saturday to both hirers and members of the public. The café can also provide refreshments/lunches for meetings and events, in addition to catering (including provision of bar services) for larger events. Hirers are alternatively welcome to use outside caterers for events. 

What other facilities are there in the Hall?

For audio-visual and other facilities in each of the rooms, please refer to our facilities pages. We also have a range of other facilities and equipment which can be reserved as part of your booking, including mobile platforms, flip charts, microphones, mobile screens, preschool children's play equipment etc. A full list of equipment can be downloaded here. If you want to use any of these facilities they will need to be reserved at the time of your booking.